Choosing a university is a big deal. Right course, right place, right facilities, right career path, right fit for you…
There’s a lot to get right. Which is why it’s a brilliant idea to come along to a UCAS exhibition this summer and check out as many universities as you can – including the University of Central Lancashire!
You’ll find a team from UCLan at the next round of UCAS exhibitions ready to answer your questions and help you decide if the #TheUCLanExperience is right for you.
1. You need to register in advance at www.ucasevents.com - don’t forget to bring your ticket on the day, as you can scan it to receive extra information from your favourite universities.
2. Think ahead. Decide which universities you’d really like to talk to and draw up a list of questions in advance. Your questions shouldn’t just be academic – it’s just as important to find out about things like facilities and nightlife.
3. Download the guide and floorplan for the exhibition you’re attending before you go, so you can plan your day.
4. Download the prospectuses of the universities you particularly like the look of before you go, or request a copy in the post. You’ll be able to pick up copies at the exhibition – but they’re heavy!
5. Don’t just gather leaflets – talk to people on the stands. It’s what they’re there for and it will make your decision-making process much easier.
6. Wear comfortable shoes and bring a strong bag. The exhibitions are huge and you can bet that the universities you want to see will be at different ends of the venue. You’ll be bombarded with free gifts and leaflets, so a sturdy bag is a must.
7. Food and drink at exhibitions can be expensive and the queues aren’t funny. Bring snacks…
As well as information on the universities themselves, UCAS exhibitions are a great way to discover career paths and courses you might not have thought about, and get information on student finance, career planning, gap years and more.
UCAS exhibitions near you we'll be attending in 2018.
28 February – 1 March
Eikon Exhibition Centre - Northern Ireland
12 – 13 March
University of Surrey, Surrey
13 – 14 March
Manchester Central, Manchester
14 – 15 March
Brunel University London, West London
Wrexham Glyndwr University, North East Wales
Cardiff Metropolitan University, Cardiff
11 – 12 April
University of the West of England, Bristol
18 – 19 April
ExCeL London, London
Teesside University, Tees Valley
Metro Radio Arena Newcastle, Tyneside
Staffordshire University, Staffordshire
University of Hull, Hunberside
13 – 14 June
University of Liverpool, Merseyside
14 – 15 June
Nottingham Trent University, East Midlands
Goldsmiths, University of London, South London
Newmarket Racecourse, Cambridge
20 – 21 June
University of Essex, Essex
Sheffield Arena, Sheffield
25 – 26 June
NEC, Birmingham, Birmingham
27 – 28 June
Leeds Beckett University, Leeds
28 – 29 June
The University of Bedfordshire, Bedfordshire
Edge Hill University, Lancashire
University of Cumbria, Cumbria